Métaphor and Simile Poems


Simile Poem


I found my simile poem really enjoyable to write. I had fun writing it. I really enjoy sunsets and it came to my head when I was thinking what topic to do. My family loves taking walks on the beach so I tried to remember our walks at sunset clearly. The easy part was thinking of the topic, but it became challenging trying to describe the sunsets. I love writing poems and this was one of my favorites. I think the ‘like’ parts were a bit odd to write, but it still works. I wish I could’ve added ‘as’s’ into my poem.



Métaphor Poem

This is my favorite poem I’ve written yet. I recall thinking of Mother Nature as a topic. She was the first thing that came to my head so I did her. I really like this poem because I feel at peace when I read it for some reason. Mother Nature plays a big part in the fantasy world and in the real world.  I like writing about fiction with some reality in it. This was a perfect example for that. This poem was quite easy to write because I didn’t have to add ‘like’ and ‘as’ in it. There was no challenges in this poem, though it took a while to get the topic. My inspiration for the line ‘ocean splashing freely like with her emotions’ is because the ocean has its own mood; sometimes it’s flat and calm and sometimes it’s rough and has big waves. Mother Nature has no one to tell her how she must be with her emotions. When I wrote ‘ a woman moulding life like clay’ I thought that she could’ve been God’s assistant in making the earth. God must’ve told her what to create in detail and she created it. God probably after the process of making everything made her ‘God of Nature’.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Music Inspector

The Butterfly Lion

Life of an Informal Settlement Child